Monday, October 5, 2020

Update

It’s 2020 and it’s the first day of Online and Blended Learning. It’s the first of its kind on Philippine Education System. Due to Covid19, classes in the entire Philippines are changed into a combination of Online and Blended Learning (use of modules). One thing is for sure: there’s no face to face classes for School Year (S.Y.) 2020-2021.

IMG_7513

This blog reminds me of the old ways of selling native Filipino crafts. It may have been replaced by Lazada and Shopee but it always gives a feeling of nostalgia whenever one sees it. I guess this blog always gives that same feeling to me.

Also, I’m working from home – a first in my 20 years of working experience. This is still due to the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (Covid19). I’ve been working from home since March 2020 and I’m already missing my coworkers.

In terms of blogging, I’ve been in hiatus even before Covid19 due to the sync issue between Google (maker of Blogger a.k.a. Blogspot where most of my blogs are hosted). I’ve also made other blogs which has more views than this one including:

www.elmerdomingo.com

www.elmerlovescanon.blogspot.com

www.isapangrice.blogspot.com

However, it seems that no matter how successful these other blogs are, I still somehow go back to this one – my very first blog – created in 2007 even before I met my ex-significant lover. This was my very first attempt at blogging when it was a thing back in the 2000s.

Now that social media is overwhelmed by YouTube, video bloggers (vloggers), Instagram and yes, TikTok, sometimes I still yearn for the written words. Sounds old school, right? For me, journals will always remain. Even if videos would be the current fad.

So yes, I’m keeping this journal and will renew a promise to keep blogging, even if it’s not monetized, even if no one is reading it (a little over 1,000 views since 2007!). This blog is like a first love to me. It’s never forgotten.

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments: